If you’re looking for ways to hit the health jackpot you have come to the right place! A healthy lifestyle is both inside out, it demands a healthy diet just as much as physical forms of exercise and movement.
Burning fat is an uphill task for everyone but not when it allows you to eat and enjoy foods that aid fat loss, instead of bland powders and the like making fat loss a boring and non-motivating process. Moreover, it is no surprise that we often tend to leave things midway when they seem like a task forcefully done.
Cutting down on food all together has never been advisable and causes more harm to the body than benefit. There is a healthy alternative to everything; even foods that can help you burn fat easily! If your unhealthy food habits are replaced with healthy fat burning foods your fat loss journey won’t be that farfetched anymore.
This blog aims at giving you a list of 10 Healthy foods that can help you burn fat easily along with a brief description of their fat-burning properties and benefits, compiled by dietician Priyatama Srivastava – the best dietician in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR.
1. Leafy Greens: Our moms have always made sure that leafy greens like Spinach, Methi (Fenugreek), Moringa (Sajhna), Kale, Bathua and many more that you can easily ask for from your vegetable vendor. Leafy greens are low in calories and rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients and most importantly Fibre! Leafy greens increase the volume of your food without increasing your calories.
2. Oats: Oats are fibre-rich whole grains and the perfect breakfast for people seeking to lose fat via food. It is a fact that your body will burn twice as many calories while breaking down fibre-rich whole grains than processed foods.
3. Nuts: Nuts are an excellent means of quick snacks that can help you suppress unwanted hunger bouts you have throughout the day. Nuts are rich in fibre and protein and are also known as heart-healthy fats. Having a handful of nuts every day or dividing them into portions as mid-day snacks or having them as chopped sprinkles on top of your meals are some ways you can incorporate them into your fat loss journey.
4. Raw Veggies: It is no new fact that fruits can aid fat loss, and right after them in the list are raw veggies like cucumber, carrots, beets and the like. Raw vegetables are full of water and can make you feel full for a long time. Moreover, they also compensate for your junk cravings with the crunch they have in them. You can replace your chips and dips with raw veggies and dips or just have a yummy salad for a meal.
5. Fruits: Fruits are sugar-free desserts of nature. What is now known as a nature’s cereal is a breakfast preparation of the fruits of your choice served in coconut water thus replacing milk and fatty cereals. Fruits are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Fruits like berries and grapefruit are known to decrease sugar cravings and also aid fat loss.
6. Eggs: Eggs might be in the shape of a zero but have numerous benefits especially in aiding fat loss. Eggs are also known to take zero effort when cooked, a spatula and pan is all you need to make a sunny side up or scrambled eggs or plain hard-boiled eggs! Eggs are a great source of choline which is known to be a major fat-burning nutrient for belly fat.
7. Seeds: While sunflower seeds are packed with polyunsaturated or good fat that helps with fat loss, pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium that helps with the bodily process of fat loss for energy. Chia seeds are also a part of this category and have been linked to fat loss.
8. Beans and legumes: Beans and legumes are often found in our kitchen as a part of our staple diets. Well, what we had been having all along unknowingly does help with fat loss. Beans and legumes include our daily dals (lentils), kidney beans, black beans, etc. and are rich in iron, calcium, protein, phosphorous, Vitamin B and zinc.
9. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are best cooked slowly and that is exactly what they do to the body for aiding fat loss. They are known as slow carbs, which are digested slowly hence keeping one full for a long time. They consist of anti-oxidants and carotenoids that convert fat into energy rather than storing it as fat.
10. Quinoa: Quinoa sounds like a very fancy option for fat loss! However, Quinoa is a plant-based food that is gluten-free and contains all 9 amino acids. It is rich in protein, vitamin E, phosphorous and low in glycaemic index. Quinoa can be cooked both sweet and savoury as per your taste buds.
It is not necessary to start binging on all the items on the list all at once. Remember fat loss is a journey and like every journey you take it is advised you move forward one step at a time. A healthy lifestyle begins with a healthy diet and even a healthy mindset.
If you liked this carefully curated list of fat burning healthy foods and if you want to create your diet based on your medical circumstances and nutritional preferences, contact Priyatama Srivastava, the Best Dietician in Gurgaon, who can help you fall in love with your diet.