It’s Time for Aee Halooo….!
The auspicious celebration of lights, colorful chaniya cholis, Pooja, delicious food, Garba Night, Dandiya Raas, and other decorations is arriving. Yes, you guessed it right: we’re talking about Navratri, the auspicious nine-day festival. It is also known as Shardiya Navratri in which nine forms of Maa Durga are worshipped. This year’s Navratri will take place from October 7th to October 15th, 2021. People make major decisions during these nine days, such as buying new assets, house, or performing poojas. Although you’re probably aware of all these details of Navratri, today’s blog is intended to assist people to attain and maintain a healthy body during the festive season because that’s what Go Moringa is Famous for.
During Navratri, many people are observed doing Fasts for nine days for religious purposes. But are you aware that fasting can be a good way to detox your body? For those who are looking for weight loss options, the Navratri diet can be the best option to start with! It is a New-Age Fitness Mantra among young people. Performing Garba in Beautifully Designed traditional attires of Navratri not only gives you the perfect festive vibes but also helps in shedding some unwanted calories. Speaking to Miss Priyatama Srivastava the best dietician & nutritionist, at Go Moringa, Gurgaon, we understood that while fasting might help you to lose weight quickly, but the dangers of not eating or consuming little amounts of food throughout the day can outweigh the advantages. Here are few handful tips to remember while following your Navratri Diet Plan in order to achieve a healthy body.
Tips and Tricks to follow during this Navratri Season.
- Detoxify It: A super healthy way to detox your body is a Fasting. It’s helpful in both ways religiously (Fasting during these nine days are considered as a holy deed) and physically (Avoids unwanted addition of calories in your body). Pro Tip: Elder People, Pregnant women, Lactatiing women and People with chronic disease are advised to take more care against this type of fasting. It can be risky if you keep fasting for more a day or two.
- Listen To Your Body: Fasting during Navratri can take several forms, depending on your community’s and religion’s customs. Some people follow Nirjala Vrat for 12 to 24 hours, while others drink milk, fruits, and other foods. However, you should only perform such fasts if your body is capable of doing so. It can be dangerous to fast for longer periods of time in the name of devotion or your commitment to follow a diet plan for weight loss during Navratri, as not having food or drink for longer periods of time can impact the body in a variety of ways.
- Hydration is the Key: Cutting Down your calories in nine days is a wonderful idea, but it can only be accomplished if your body is adequately hydrated. Drink plenty of water, juices, and soups to stay hydrated. It is the most efficient approach to combat hunger during the Navratri fast, as it will cleanse your body of all impurities and keep you energized throughout the day. Dehydration can make you feel dizzy and weaken your immune system.
- Burn Out your Calories: Garba or Dandiya Raas are the most effective ways to burn those excess calories. Different types of garba, such as Teen Taali, Dhudiyu, Do Taali, and Lehriyu, which involve a lot of spinning, hopping, and clapping, may be considered a full-body exercise if performed at a fast or medium tempo. Pro Tip: Avoid performing garba just after eating since it will redirect blood flow to the digestive process and shift strength from the muscles to the GI tract.
- Switch to Sattvick Diet: We are well aware that one cannot eat regular meals when fasting. Switching to fruits, vegetables, and juices is the greatest option for detoxifying your body while also providing a decent amount of energy to keep your fast going.
- Avoid Fried Food: People often consume potato fried chips, deep fried sabudhana tikkis, vadas, and puris during fasts. If you’re on a Navratri diet to lose weight and get in shape, you should avoid all of these tempting-looking fried foods since they’re high in oil, which is unhealthy and harmful for your heart.
- Don’t Starve Your Stomach: It’s natural to feel hungry, and it becomes incredibly hard to distract yourself. It’s also not a good idea to go without food altogether. Including nutritious foods in your diet, such as fruits, vegetables, salads, dried fruits, and curd, keeps your stomach full and your body energetic.
- Take Good Sleep: It is essential to have a decent night’s sleep when fasting. Allow your body to sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours each night; it has been proven that insufficient sleep can cause bodily imbalances. It can also cause food cravings, so get a good night’s sleep for a healthy start.
While detoxing your body over the course of these nine days, it is necessary that you do so correctly. So, during this Navratri festival, use these tips and tricks for easy fasting and good health. For more details or help with your diet plan for this Navratri season, get in touch with Dietician Priyatama Srivastava today.