Staying healthy does not only include physical fitness. You have to stay mentally sound and keep your brain active. A fatigued body and an exhausted brain are not signs of a healthy person. So, you have to supply nutrition to your organs, including the brain. The superfoods are ideal for boosting brain power, for which you must note the best solutions that make you active physically and mentally!
Food and brain health – The profound connection
There is a solid linkage between brain health and physical health. Food is the common link and matters significantly. Eating habits determine your mental activeness. So, you have to review the food you eat regularly and ensure the best health conditions.
Know the top foods for better brain functioning
The best dietician clinic in Gurgaon can guide you with a proper diet plan that takes care of your mental and physical health. The diet plans include the following food to ensure a smarter version of your brain for better performance. The brain-boosting food contains – Antioxidants Like Flavonoids Or Vitamin E, Vitamin B, Healthy Fats, and Fatty Acids.
These are available in the following food options, and you can add them to your regular meals for the best impact on brain health.
- Fatty fish – Fatty fish contain high levels of omega-three fatty acids. Salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc. are sea fishes that help in boosting brain health with the high Omega three content. It increases the blood flow in the brain, making it function better.
- Coffee – Coffee helps you stay alert and prompts brain functionality. If you feel mentally exhausted and cannot boost your brain functions, coffee can be your one-stop solution provider. It sharpens your concentration levels and improves the mood for the best outcome.
- Blueberries – Blueberries and other berries are excellent sources of antioxidants. These are highly nutritious and help in brain functioning. The antioxidants do not promote mental stress, helping your brain work under the best conditions. Enjoy the berries and the sweet taste and boost your brain performance.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a spice, and you can enjoy the benefits of the yellow-colored spice by adding it to your meal recipe. Add it to any vegetable or meat to enhance the taste and boost your brain! It enhances blood circulation and improves cell health. It also eases depression by acting as a neurotrophic agent.
- Broccoli – Leafy vegetables are great for physical and mental health. Broccoli is a super vegetable and packed with antioxidant compounds. It contains Vitamin K and helps in the development of sphingolipids. The fat type, sphingolipid, is a crucial part of the brain cells, and broccoli helps generate the fat in the body. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in broccoli protect brain health as well.
- Pumpkin seeds – Antioxidant-packed food items are excellent to boost brain health. It helps protect the brain cells from free radical formation. Pumpkin seeds are filled with antioxidizing agents and vitamins. It also provides zinc, magnesium, and copper, which are highly essential to ensure the best brain health.
- Dark chocolate – Dark chocolates are not only a tasty addition to the meal but also an amazing booster for your brain cells. It contains 70% cocoa which improves your mood and brain health. The flavonoids present in the rich dark chocolate are a memory booster and reduce aging impacts on the brain.
- Nuts – Eating nuts as healthy snacks can be the best decision ever for boosting your brain health! Nuts are the best food that protects the brain and boosts memory. Almonds and walnuts contain Vitamin E, a vital antioxidant for the body. It also contains healthy fats and Omega 3 fatty acids, for overall health.
- Oranges – Vitamin C is a crucial vitamin that helps in keeping you healthy. It protects the brain and immune system in more than one way. The rich vitamin content in orange protects the brain against the aging signs like memory loss, attention and focus issues, etc. It keeps you active and helps the brain work quickly.
- Eggs – Brain shrinkage with age is a common problem and egg can be your protective shield against such damages. Eggs are an excellent source of vitamins B6 and B12. It also contains choline and folate. The micronutrients present in the egg act as a neurotransmitter. It regulates memory power and improves mental functioning. Prevent the chances of dementia by including eggs in your regular meals.
Make your brain and body healthier!
Besides these superfoods for brain health, you can also seek guidance from an expert dietician for health supplements. They can provide you with the best nutritional diet plan with balanced proportions of vitamins and micronutrients. Boost the functioning capacity of the brain by eating healthy! Stay fit by making the best decisions for your brain and body.