Vitamin C is an excellent anti-oxidant and as amla is so rich in Vitamin C, it promotes normal adrenal function and glandular activity; it helps combat free radicals. Amla also helps boost protein metabolism, so if you exercise and work out regularly you will benefit greatly from regular Amla intake. Amla enhances metabolism, it helps lose weight faster.
Total Serving: 2
- Indian gooseberry (amla),boiled and chopped 50gm
- Sugar free to taste
- Rock salt to taste
- Cumin powder1/2 teaspoon
Nutritive Value Per Serving:
- Calories (kcal) 14.5
- Protein (g) 0.12
- Fat (g) 0.02
- Carbohydrate (g) 3.4
- Fiber (g) 0.8
- Put amla in blender jar with 1½ cups water in which amla was boiled and blend into a smooth puree.
- Heat 1 cup water in a deep non stick pan. Add amla puree and stir. Add sugar free and mix, cook till it comes to a boil.
- Mix rock salt and cumin powder in a bowl. Add 2-3 teaspoons water and mix.
- Add this to the pan and mix. Cook for 10 minutes, removing scum in between.
- Pour into sterilized bottles, serve chilled.