Tuna Fish is rich in Vitamin B and omega-3 fatty acids, Omega-3 fatty acids help support thyroid functions to optimal level and ease inflammation that may be present from thyroid dysfunction. Cold-water fish are good food choices if you have hypothyroidism. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, thyroid functioning is supported by B vitamins; Omega-3 helps to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid gland.
Total Serving: 3
- Tuna steak without skin 200gm
- Olive oil 5 ml teaspoons
- Garlic 10gm
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder1/2 teaspoon
- Peppercorns, crushed 1/2tsp
- Red capsicum, cut into pieces 50gm
- Yellow capsicum, cut into pieces 50gm
- Green capsicum, cut into pieces 50gm
- Chopped Jalapenos 50gm
- Lemons 3to 4 for garnishing
Nutritive Value Per Serving:-
- Calories (kcal) 126.3
- Protein (g) 16.4
- Fat (g) 5.14
- Carbohydrate (g) 3.69
- Fiber (g) 0.79
- Heat 1/2tsp olive oil in non stick pan; add garlic cloves and sauté till light brown.
- Sprinkle some salt on a plate, add cumin powder and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
- Coat the fish pieces with this mixture.Add all capsicum pieces to pan and toss. Add salt and toss again.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Cut 2 lemons into thick slices. Transfer sautéed vegetables into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to the same pan. Place 4 lemon slices in two groups on the pan and place one fish pieces on each of them and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place Chop jalapenos and mix well. Squeeze juice of ½ lemon.
- Flip fish pieces along with lemon slices and cook till both sides are equally done.
- Transfer vegetables onto a serving dish. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Place cooked fish pieces on top along with lemon slices. Serve immediately.