Big Fiber Load, this soup is rich in Protein, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Zinc, Vitamin F (essential fatty acid) and high in Phytochemicals.
Total Serving: 2
- Carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces 100gm
- Celery stalks, diced 20gm
- Zucchini, diced 25gm
- Crushed Flaxseeds 25gm
- Onion diced 50gm
- Tomato paste 10gm
- Garlic, crushed and minced, 1tsp Bay leaves 1
- Dried basil 1/2tsp
- Dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil 5ml
- Arrowroot powder dissolved in ¼ cup purified water (optional) 1 teaspoon
Nutritive Value Per Serving:-
- Calories (kcal) 132.4
- Protein (g) 3.71
- Fat (g) 7.32
- Carbohydrate (g) 12.97
- Fiber (g) 1.63
- Calcium(mg) 78.65
- Iron(mg) 1.70
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- When olive oil is warm enough, put in flaxseeds, bay leaves, onion, carrots, celery basil and oregano.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Use the medium heat as this will allow the vegetables to sweat and release their juices for seven to eight minutes.
- The medium heat will also toast the flax seeds.
- Add garlic and stir for an additional 2 to three minutes, ensuring the garlic turns to a light golden brown and does not burn.
- Add tomato paste to the soft vegetables, add 300ml water.
- Bring soup to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. The last five minutes of simmering, put in zucchini and arrowroot powder mixture.